AME Jewelery guides how to preserve pearls, Pearl care. Pearl is an organic gemstone, which requires very special care; If done properly, pearls will last for a very long time.
Pearls can be damaged by exposure to many chemicals found in household cleaners, perfumes, cosmetics and hair care products of all types. That's why AME Jewelery shares some ways to help you preserve pearl jewelry for a long time:
- Never use a toothbrush, scouring pad or any kind of abrasive material to clean your pearls.
- Do not let Pearls come into contact with dishwashing liquid or laundry detergent, bleach, detergent powder, baking soda or any ammonia such as Windex.
- Never use any type of ultrasonic cleaning device.
- Never use steam to clean pearls.
- Never use cleaning machines or any kind of jewelry cleaning device advertised on television as a miracle to instantly beautiful jewelry.
- Never keep pearls in any kind of plastic bag. Plastic can emit a chemical that will cause the Pearl's surface to deteriorate
- Never leave pearls near a direct heat source such as on a fireplace, television or stove.
- Never keep Pearls in a very dry room or in a safe deposit box for a long time. Your pearls need a little moisture like your skin so they won't dry out.
- Always remember that pearl jewelry should be the last thing you put on when you go out and the first thing you HAVE to REMOVE when you get home.
- Always use jewelry cleaners that are labeled safe for Pearls.
- Always keep Pearls wrapped in a soft cloth or holster and protected from all abrasive objects.
- Always wipe your Pearls with a soft, absorbent cloth.
- Always remove Pearls when you spray hair, perfume; Both can damage pearls.
- Always be careful about the fabrics you wear, fabrics like Shetland wool can damage Pearls.
- Always remember that you are wearing a “souvenir of the sea” and you are better off taking care of your pearls so that the pearls will maintain a warm glow.